Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

API download to JSON Parse to Cross Tab only showing first or last record, not all

g_ang311
5 - Atom

Hello, I am working with an API that posts data into JSON. I have used the JSON Parse to create key:value pairs with the field. Ultimately I want the json  name to be the column headers, and the values to all fall into rows. When I use Cross Tab I am able to get the correct column headers but I am forced to choose first or last so I am only getting the first or the last record of values. 

How can I have the JSON Name values be an array and all values as rows like this?

blended_rankcategorykeywordpage_numpage_urlsearch_enginesearch_volumetime

_Null_

39Regular Web Listinghose reel4https://www.graco.com/us/en/vehicle-service/products/service-garage-lube-equipment/hose-reels.htmlGoogle United States (US) (D)14800201901

39Regular Web Listinghose reels4https://www.graco.com/us/en/vehicle-service/products/service-garage-lube-equipment/hose-reels.htmlGoogle United States (US) (D)14800201901

Attached is a screenshot of the workflow output before Cross Tab:

3 REPLIES 3
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@g_ang311 

Try assigning something like a record ID to all rows belonging to the same record. You can use a MutiRow Formula to do this. You will then use group by the record ID in the Cross Tab.

json-parse.png

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

Hi,

I believe json's record comes in one line. So just put RecordId after reading the file before the json tool. And after that use CrossTab tool by RecordId.

clipboard_image_0.png

[]

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

In order to crosstab and break out the values you need to have (or create) a field that is unique to each of those rows. What you could do is use the Multi-Row formula. You can create a record Id starting with 1 and for each "search_engine" you increase it by one. Then you use that as your group in your crosstab. Make sense? 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
Labels