Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Check out our powerful new search update! You can read more here. Please let us know if you have any feedback by creating a topic here.

API call: connection success but with no data returned

Highlighted
Atom

Hello everyone, need some help here! I used download tool to get geocode of some address from heremaps API. The URL I used worked in google browser, which means I can get geo data from heremaps. However, when I use the same URL in Alteryx, it shows that connection established, but with no geo data returned. Does someone meet this problem before? Could someone help me with this, thanks.

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi @hmiao 

Did you put a browse Tool after the Download Tool and examined the DownloadData field?

Hint - Use the Cell Viewer to see the full data.

If you are able to see this data, please share a screenshot of how it looks like.

Cheers,

Highlighted
Atom

Hi Thableaus,

Thanks for your help. But I just got a solution for the problem. It is because I encoded the special characters in URL. For example, I used %20 to replace the white space in the address to be searched. But Alteryx has its own way to encode such spacial characters. 

So I just checked the "Encode URL Text" box in the download tool. See screenshot below. 

hmiao_0-1574450616487.png

I hope this may help someone with same problems. 

Cheers,

Labels