Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

API and Iterative Macro

harinder1301
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I have managed to create an iterative macro to fetch the rows from URL (API) using start and end date parameters and then parse the output data using JSON parse and text to column tool. 

I am getting the below error message when the iteration finish /when no data found. 

in the below screenshot ,there were 9 iterations for date 06/10/2020 , which were run successfully and the records were saved  in the output file successfully. But I have received an error message at iteration 10 which does not exist for this date.

harinder_0-1618513925532.png

Please could you let me know if there are any settings/configuration changes required in order to fix this error? .

The workflow to call Macro is

harinder_1-1618514111181.png

Also, This report has millions of rows which are inserted on daily basis .The data can be filtered with inserted date column by passing a date parameter in URL. What is the best way to fetch these records and populate them in to the alteryx database output file on daily basis as the data is too big.

harinder_2-1618514541531.png

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Harinder

2 REPLIES 2
harinder1301
8 - Asteroid

Thank you Everyone, I have managed to fix this issue. It was the sort by rownum tool in the Macro. I have removed it now.

Regards

SaiKrishna2589
8 - Asteroid

is it possible to share workflow with sample data for my learning purposes?

appreciate that if advance

Labels