Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

API Write Data to Quickbase

mphillips27
7 - Meteor

Is there a way to write to quickbase using an API in designer? Using the download tool and a parse XML I've downloaded data from Quick base but I can't find any help on how to write data back to quickbase.

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mphillips27 ,

you will need to build an API connector. The following link has the API documentation:

https://help.quickbase.com/api-guide/intro.html

We at Bulien can build the connector for you. DM me if you are interested.

M.

Bulien

Drussek
9 - Comet

It's my sample workflow which do INSERT into choosen table.

Drussek_0-1616536543222.png

You need to replace all "xxxx" with proper values.

Hope this is what you asked for.

You can make some tests here:

https://developer.quickbase.com/operation/upsert

PS. you should receive in response sth like this.

Drussek_1-1616536654654.png

mphillips27
7 - Meteor

Drussek, amazing! Thank you!

mphillips27
7 - Meteor

This works great, however when I do the API call, I can't figure out how to control what columns I'm calling. It seems to dump a bunch of columns from the default table, ironically none of the ones I'm trying to get. I tried creating a body field with a query using the restful API body request but that didn't work.

{"from":"xxxxxxx","select": [3,6]}

Any help?

Drussek
9 - Comet

@mphillips27Did you find an answare? If not:

You can send to:

https://api.quickbase.com/v1/records/query

such body (you need to change a table name)

As a result you will receive all columns and their numbers.

I don't use Quickbase, just did some tests and research, so I can't be more helpful.

{
  "from""brbsbj4nj",
  "select": [

],
  "sortBy": [
    {
      "fieldId"4,
      "order""ASC"
    },
    {
      "fieldId"5,
      "order""ASC"
    }
  ],
  "groupBy": [
    {
      "fieldId"6,
      "grouping""equal-values"
    }
  ],
  "options": {
    "skip"0,
    "top"5,
    "compareWithAppLocalTime"false
  }
}
Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

Hi,

Solution worked great. Will attempt to modify so using FID numbers will not be necessary. 

Chris

hhart
6 - Meteoroid

Drussek, thanks for this!  Have you had success deleting records as well?  Can you share the download tool's configuration to accomplish this.

I have successfully deleted using the QB API guide test page Quickbase API Portal but can't seem to use it in Alteryx.

deepaprash
8 - Asteroid

Does anyone know how to add attachments as you create a record in quickbase? I was using this to write to quickbase:

OutputPath                          URL
QuickBasePost.xml             https://[CompanyName].quickbase.com/[TableID]?act=API_AddRecord&_fid_6=[xxx]&_fid_17=[xxx]&usertoken...

and this works very well. I have a blob tool and have generated the XSTRING that points to the attachment I need to carry over and save in Quickbase. But I am stuck here. The XSTRING is in blob format and cannot be added to the URL string above. Even if I tried to change the XTSRING format to Base64 binary data, could not add it to the URL.

Any ideas on how to achieve this?

Summary: Create a record in QB by pulling data out of SAP including associated attachments.

deepaprash
8 - Asteroid

Further to my question above, I was able to create upload data in XML and create records in quickbase. But when I send the base64encoded file as an attachment, while it created a record and uploaded the attachment in quickbase, on opening the file, I get an error. It appears the tools b64Encoder, Python, Blob convert tools etc. convert to a version of Base64 but it doesnt work in quickbase. Has anyone had any success with this?

Thanks

Deepa

Labels