Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

API - Authorization with PFX certificate

rohan_tibarewala
9 - Comet

Is it possible to make API calls using Alteryx (Download tool or some other way), where the authorization method requires PFX certificate to be passed through Header?

7 REPLIES 7
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @rohan_tibarewala ,

Using the Download tool you can specify the headers values you want to pass through the call.

Capture d’écran 2021-07-27 à 10.58.08.png

Here is the documentation of the tool : https://help.alteryx.com/20212/designer/download-tool

rohan_tibarewala
9 - Comet

@Jean-Balteryx Thank you so much for prompt response. Can you please tell me what should be the 'Name' and 'Value' to pass the certificate?

We are trying to use 'Authorization' as the 'Name', and Base64 encoded string as the 'Value', but not able to make it work.

rohan_tibarewala
9 - Comet

@RishiK Thank you for the prompt response. The article seems to be discussing similar issue, but i could not find the right solution in it. Will try few more things mentioned there.

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Based on Wikipedia HTTP Headers page I found this for Authorization header : Authorization: Basic QWxhZGRpbjpvcGVuIHNlc2FtZQ==

Adding "Basic" keyword may help.

RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@rohan_tibarewala let us know how you get on.

rohan_tibarewala
9 - Comet

@Jean-Balteryx @RishiK  Unfortunately I could not make the Download Tool to call API with PFX certificate. But we were able to run Python code for it and used Python tool within Alteryx to call that API.

Labels