Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

AMP engine summarize errors

jtr_denver
5 - Atom

This is more of a warning, and not a question, but I just wasted a good part of the day trying to track down an issue, only to realize my issue was the same bug I reported back in May. This bug has been been accepted as a defect by Alteryx (but frustratingly assigned a low priority.) 

The problem is that you may get inconsistent results with the Summary tool depending on if AMP is on vs. AMP being off. 

Image 2.png

This screenshot above is a good example. The top row represents my workflow outputs when AMP is OFF (header names changed for confidentiality reasons). The bottom row represents the same exact same workflow / data, with the only difference being AMP was ON. I had been cheerily working with the bottom row, when the top row better represents what is truly happening. Ouch.

When I submitted my ticket, I included a version of the attached workflow. Feel free to try it yourself. I just tested using the latest version of Designer, and the problem still exists. 

All that being said, please use caution, and double check your outputs to ensure they line up with your expectations if you are using the AMP engine. I've been working with bad data, and reporting to my executive team that same bad data. I would hate for others to be in that same boat. 

Alteryx, if you're listening, please fix this. 

4 REPLIES 4
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@jtr_denver ,

sage advice. Thanks for sharing. 

cheers,

mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @jtr_denver 

It looks like the rabbit hole goes deeper with version related issues as well.  I'm on 2021.1.4.26400 and I see no differences between any of Amp-Int64, Amp-String, Amp-Double and non-Amp. All of the output files are included in the attached package.

Dan 

TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

@jtr_denver 

Thank you for the post. I found the original issue and it is already in progress. @danilang thank you for the yxzp I will add it to the issue with your notes. 

If we are able to get this fixed in time for the 2021.4 Release I will update here to let you all know. 

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder
TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

This will be fixed with the 2021.4 Release version. 

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder
Labels