Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

AMP engine constants doesn't support unicode characters?

Tårtspade
5 - Atom

Hi,

When using the AMP engine, the engine constant "WorkflowDirectory" appear to not support unicode characters (produces question marks instead). The engine constant "WorkflowFileName" works and both work when using the E1 engine. See pictures below for examples (run in directory "C:\Folder with åäö").

The same occurs when using the constants in a Macro and makes so e.g. the Dynamic Input tool can't find the correct folder. I'm running Alteryx 2021.1.

With E1 engine:

Without AMP engine.png+

With AMP engine:

With AMP engine.png

3 REPLIES 3
TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Tårtspade ,

First, thank you for trying out AMP Engine! We appreciate all feedback and are working to address all of the things we hear about. 

I'm pretty sure that we fixed a few issues with Dynamic Input and file paths in a recent release.  Let me review the Release Notes of fixed issues and I will get back to you with which version the fix is in. 

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder
Tårtspade
5 - Atom

@TonyaS, any news on this? Haven't seen anything around it in the release notes.

TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

This appears to still not be fixed on the 2022.1 Release. We are adding support for multi-byte characters in various tools for both e1 and AMP for the next 2022.3 Release. I will make sure this is also included. 

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder
Labels