Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

AMP engine - Anchor was not closed

pxs132
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

I got some "Anchor was not closed" internal errors when the AMP engine was enabled on a working workflow. I would appreciated it very much if anyone can help resolving the error. Thank you!

16 REPLIES 16
TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

@pxs132  Thank you for using AMP Engine.

Would you be able to provide a screen shot of the Summarize tool configuration please? 

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder
pxs132
7 - Meteor

Thank you. Here are the screen shots:

image.pngimage.png

TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @pxs132 

I did find a known issue that we already have logged related to Anchor was not closed internal errors with AMP. I added a link to this post to that issue in case it is related so that we can additionally try testing this issue with the fix. 

Tonya Smith
gpmyers111
6 - Meteoroid

I'm having this issue as well in Designer 2021.4.

If the AMP engine is on, I get the error. 

AMP off, no issues. 

TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Was this ever resolved for you @pxs132 

@gpmyers111 is yours also related to Summarize tool?

It seems this is an issue that needs to be fixed tool by tool. We did fix it for multiple tools in the past: Sort, Tile, Record Id and Batch Macros. But I did not find an existing open or fixed defect with Summarize tool. I would need a workflow to reproduce and then I could create a defect. 

If you can provide a yxzp you could email it to me at tonya.smith@alteryx.com 

Tonya Smith
gpmyers111
6 - Meteoroid

Mine surfaced with the Batch Macro tool. It's a workflow I've had in production for some time and it runs just fine on the E1 engine, but when I turn on the AMP engine, everything downstream from the Batch Macro tool throws this error. If I turn AMP off, it goes away and works fine. 

TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

I did find some fixed defects related to Batch Macros with this error, so I would need a workflow yxzp (or macro) that can be used to reproduce the issue in order to look into it and create a defect to fix. 

Tonya Smith
TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Has anyone here tried enabling the "Engine Compatibility Mode" with these workflows to see if that helps with the error? Is this error seen in Desktop Designer as well as Gallery or just in Gallery? 

Tonya Smith
MikeD
8 - Asteroid

Having the same issue, but with AMP engine turned off.  The Union tool fails.  Have tried to merge the data small pieces at a time, with extra memory to Alteryx, with AMP on, with AMP off, with Auto Field data cleanup

Labels