Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

AMP Engine Percentile Bug

SamBealing
6 - Meteoroid

We have recently upgraded to Alteryx Designer x64 Version: 2022.1.1.25127.

I have found an issue when calculating percentiles using the summarize tool on large data sets

In the attached workflow, I generate some long arithmetic sequences and then use the summarize tool to find the 50th percentile (median).

With the AMP engine turned on, a lot of these percentiles come out to the wrong values. What seems to be happening is that the correct percentile from one group is being outputted as the percentile for multiple groups. All these percentiles should be distinct and yet:

SamBealing_0-1659351954996.png

turn the AMP engine off and the issue goes away.

Wonder if this is an issue any one else has had and if it can be fixed/there is a workaround.

13 REPLIES 13
Edotime
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the guidance Tonya.  I turned off the AMP as you instructed, and now I am getting consistent results.  Thanks again, for the help...I was going crazy! 

BTW, when will 2022.3 be available? 

TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

We cannot disclose dates, but it is the final release of the 2022 year so definitely expected to be available before the end of the year. 

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder
acoote
5 - Atom

Hi Tanya,

I just updated to Version 2022.3.1.450 patch 2 and am unfortunately having the same issue.

Everything appears to calculate correctly when turning off the AMP engine. Can you confirm the bug was fixed for AMP in 2022.3? If so, are there any settings I may have configured incorrectly?

Thanks!

Willox
5 - Atom

We have noticed the same bug affecting the Median calculation function of the summarise tool when using the AMP engine (Version: 2022.3.1.450 Patch: 2).

Just a heads up. Can be resolved by disabling the AMP engine. 

Labels