Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

AMP Engine - Negative Fixed Decimal Aggregation Issue

K_Hurst
5 - Atom

Hi, 

I have recently been testing the AMP engine feature added in the new Alteryx updates and have come across a strange issue when dealing with negative fixed decimals in the summarize node.

The data set contains 10 records each with a fixed decimal value of -0.08. When I turn the AMP engine on and run the attached model, I obtain a result of 9.2 rather than the -0.8 I should expect when the columns are added together. If I then re-run the model without the AMP engine, the model correctly calculates the total. 

I also attempted this a "double" format or positive values (whilst fixed decimal) and these seem to work correctly. It would appear that this issue only exists when dealing with negative fixed decimal numbers. 

Would appreciate any advice / feedback around the AMP engine and if this is a known bug feel free to direct me to the correct post.

1 REPLY 1
TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

@K_Hurst 

Thank you for being an early adopter of the new AMP Engine! We appreciate your feedback.

It looks like this particular issue was identified internally and recently fixed and the fix will be available in the 21.1 Release Version. We do not yet have a date for that. 

I encourage you to continue to report any use case issues that you find with running workflows with AMP Engine enabled. We worked hard to identify differences from the original Engine as well as provide guidance on how to better optimize workflows to run with AMP. 

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder
Labels