Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

AMP Engine - Getting error in parsing the data in column or rows.

ShivaniRohilla1
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Team,

I am parsing the data in a workflow with AMP engine where I am using a macro which splits the data either in rows or columns. Here, I am getting an error which is attached below.

I know that we can simply use the Text to column tool to parse the data in the workflow which will work fine with both normal and AMP engine, but the same tool is not working if I am using in the macro using AMP engine (in case I use normal engine, it's working fine), which i want to know that why Text to column is working in the macro in case i am running it using AMP engine.

I am attaching the workflow and the macro. Please run the same using AMP engine and let me know if there is any issue in the macro or the macro can't run using AMP engine with a reason.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

@ShivaniRohilla1 He i looked at your workflow and macro!

I think the problem is this, both (workflow and macro) have to be either "normal" or "AMP". I do get the same error if i set the macro to "normal" and keep the workflow in AMP mode. If won't get the error if both are in the same setup (AMP or normal mode).

Greetings seb, 

ShivaniRohilla1
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, Thank you for your response on this query!

The workflow is set on AMP engine but i am not able to set macro on AMP engine. In macro, I am not getting "Runtime" option in the workflow configuration (Please see the attached screenshot). Could you please give a solution to resolve the same?

Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

@ShivaniRohilla1 Do you have Alteryx Designer > 2020.4? https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/please-add-Runtime-Tab-to-macros/idi-p/94692  Seems to be added since than for macro's :-). 

ShivaniRohilla1
6 - Meteoroid

I am currently using version 2021.2 where I have set both macro and workflow on AMP engine. Still I am getting the same error.

Labels