Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

ADL loader installation: not available in the palette

alijarte
6 - Meteoroid

Dear all,

I have downloaded the XYI file from the community which delivers the ADL File Input/Output Tool (https://help.alteryx.com/2018.2/ADLInput.htm)

After going through all the difficulties of the installation and Python error messages, the installation seems to be successful but I cannot find the expected tools anywhere in the tool palette.

I have restarted Alteryx designer in case it would make a difference, but it doesnt.

Any hint is welcome.

Thanks,
Carlos

5 REPLIES 5
jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Hi @alijarte ,

Have you ensured the tool category and tool are selected under Configure Tool Palette?

s8x42zwu0w

-----

If I've answered your question please consider marking this solution as accepted. Thank you!

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @alijarte 

In order to get the .xyi to install correctly, I had to launch Designer as Admin and then run the .xyi from the File->Open Workflow menu.  Once I did that, I restarted Alteryx as a regular user and the ADL tools are in the Connector tab of the tool palette

Dan

alijarte
6 - Meteoroid
I guess you are referring to this one? These are all the tools I see in the "Connectors"

[cid:image001.jpg@01D4F137.2E307550]
alijarte
6 - Meteoroid
Thanks a million.

It truly looks like a good solution (missing admin rights is really a handicap) , however, it doesn’t seem to work for me.
My connectors section still shows no trace of the ADL tools (even after reviewing the palette configuration)

I keep trying but if any other idea pops-up, please remember this post 😊

Thanks,
Ch.
alijarte
6 - Meteoroid

Finally, I was guided to this article : https://help.alteryx.com/server/current/admin/Installation/InstallToolPackages.htm?TocPath=Install%7...

And I manually created the folders, relaunch the installation and upon restart of Designer, the tools showed up.

Thanks to all for the help!

Ch

Labels