Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

ADAPT Practice Exercise 2

KellyJo_
6 - Meteoroid

I'm working on Practice Exercise 2 from the ADAPT program.

The final outcome to match has only 6 rows. I have 10 rows coming out of the Join tool.  I tried using Sample tool for first 6 rows, and the order didn't match their goal answer.  I wonder if it's sorted some way, but I don't see how. Numbers don't seem to be ascending or descending.

Does someone have advice for me?

5 REPLIES 5
wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @KellyJo_ 

Do you want to post your current solution on here and I can take a look and provide you with pointers as to what you need to change in your workflow?

Kind Regards

Will

KellyJo_
6 - Meteoroid

Here is my current solution to Practice Exercise 2. Thank you for offering to look at it.

wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @KellyJo_ 

You are very nearly there! The only thing missing at the moment is to check for duplicates within the customer transactions once you have combined them both together.

The only difference in the fields for some of them is the annual transactions, so if you use a Unique Tool and select the Customer ID, Store Number, Customer Segment and Region then it should provide you with the correct final output.

If this gets you to the correct answer, you can mark this solution as accepted. If there are any further questions, then let me know.

Kind Regards

Will

KellyJo_
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for the advice. I will try that.

Kelly

richmondbound
8 - Asteroid

Another successful learning run!

Labels