Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

AB Trend Problems

Lance_In_My_Pants
6 - Meteoroid

Good afternoon,

I have found a few topics on my issue and believe I have checked the most common issues, but I am still getting various errors.

Methodology

• Marketing Test began on 03/04/2016 - Multiple Items but really only interested in the impact to Item 4
  • Duration 6 Weeks
  • Data set contains 104 weeks (Study Field = Yes -- When I limit it to 58 weeks to represent 1 Year plus 6 weeks prior to Test I get Range of dates not consistent error)
  • I was aggregating the POS Qty Field to act for a Volume metric to use in the AB trend tool

Please note the data set already has a predetermined test and control field but I wanted to go through the entire process of using the AB trend and AB control tools. When I use all the weeks of data, I only get the following error  AB Trend (33) Tool #225: Error in svd(x, nu = 0) : a dimension is zero

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Lance_In_My_Pants, any chance you could post your Input data?  There's not much we can test without it :)  If you're not comfortable posting, you can send it to support@alteryx.com

Thanks!

Lance_In_My_Pants
6 - Meteoroid

Mistake on my part @CristonS, I have added it to my original post

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Lance_In_My_Pants,

It appears that you have a number of stores with a lot of zero values.  In particular, stores 3122, 3600 and 4070 were entirely zero - that's where the "divide by zero" errors came from (you can use the "Show All Macro Messages" option in the Workflow – Configuration > Runtime tab to see these additional messages).

divide by zero.jpg

Removing those 3 stores allowed the workflow to run, but you'll see some stores for which the Trend is missing in the results - those stores had high numbers of zeros, as well.

results.jpg

Please let me know how it goes, thanks!

Labels