Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

AB Testing help

Alt_dp
7 - Meteor

Team, I'm learning to use AB testing using alteryx and trying to use the workflow that i have seen under help -> sample workflows --> predictive analytics --> 21 AB Trend control analysis sample. I'm using Alteryx version 10.5.9

I'm getting multiple errors under AB trend but i cannot resolve it. 

Can you please look at the attached workflow and help me understand my mistakes? 

The scenario i'm working on is to calculate sales lift between 2 groups. I'm just using sample data in the attached workflow 

4 REPLIES 4
SydneyF
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Alt_dp

I know you only included a sample of your data, but it looks like your data may be what is causing the errors you are getting from the AB Trend Tool. In the data set you included, there are not enough observations to properly calculate trend and seasonality, and the interval of the samples is irregular. In order to calculate trend and seasonality with the AB Trend Tool for control matching, you need a full year of data prior to the test, plus a number of additional periods (we have found about 6 weeks of additional data is enough). Additionally, your data needs to be formatted so that the samples are spaced at regular intervals, without missing observations (i.e., a Daily Report Period Type means you have data for every day within your time period). 

Have you tried downloading and going through the AB Starter Kit available on the Alteryx Analytics Gallery? This is a really thorough example of how to use the AB Testing Tools, and includes additional explanation on details like this.

Does this answer your questions? Please let me know if you have any more!

Alt_dp
7 - Meteor

Thank you SynneyF!!! I will go through the workflow 

iamdata
8 - Asteroid

no access to this item in the gallery.  😞

SydneyF
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @iamdata,

I believe this is the new location for the Analytics Starter Kit:

https://www.alteryx.com/starter-kit/predictive-analytics

Hope this helps!