Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

A newer version of Alteryx designer X64 is available message

lavorarchi
7 - Meteor

Hi I have upgraded to version 2020.2.3.27789 which I believe to be the latest version of Alteryx. When I go help > About it does show correctly the version number and this seems to be matching to the version available on the download website. However, each time I launch Alteryx designer desktop version it tells me that a newer version of Alteryx designer is available.

Anyone has the same issue or know what might be the issue here?

2 REPLIES 2
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @lavorarchi 

The latest version is 2021.1. You can navigate to Support>Downloads and Licenses to see more about the versions available. If upgrading isn't an option for your organization, there are options to hide the message you're getting in designer for various periods of time. 

lavorarchi
7 - Meteor

Upgrading is an option and given there are non-admin version available too, it is quite straightforward to upgrade. However, my question s despite installing the update the message is incorrectly showing. So I think the solution is to ignore perhaps the prompt which tells you that there is a newer version available. Or perhaps wait until the next update, which might fix it?

Labels