Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

A group email with ampersand in the email address

AnamikaGupta
5 - Atom

I added an e-mail address to an Alteryx WF e.g., R&D@xxxx.com, this e-mail is a group e-mail that has multiple members included in it. For some reason, after the WF execution the email couldn’t receive by the members.

Just wondering if it is due to ampersand sign (R&D@xxxx.com) included in the email address OR is it due to having a group e-mail. Please let me know how to fix the issue. Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

We have gone through trial and errors with the e-mail tool. I have sent it to our company's group e-mail addresses successfully, but I haven't come across an e-mail with an ampersand. Can you test another group e-mail that doesn't include an ampersand? Or create a throwaway e-mail address with an ampersand to test? Good luck!

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hello @AnamikaGupta 

You are able to send emails to group mailboxes, so this shouldn't be the issue.

I am also not aware of any ampersand limitations. Would you be able to show us how you are passing the values into the email tool to assist with troubleshooting?

AnamikaGupta
5 - Atom

Thanks Michelle.

I have successfully sent an e-mail to individuals that do not have ampersand sign in their e-mail addresses'

AnamikaGupta
5 - Atom

AnamikaGupta_1-1669652981894.png

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

@AnamikaGupta I noticed you have a summarize field before the email tool, are you concatenating email addresses in this tool? If so, ensure they are separated by a semi-colon ";" and no space between the email addresses. 

AnamikaGupta
5 - Atom

In this case the Email addresses are specified at Email object and not at Summarize object.

AnamikaGupta_1-1669657790118.png

Labels