Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

A Few Runtime Considerations

SeanZhang
5 - Atom

1. When a Alteryx flow was canceled by user/error during the process, will the output tool rollback to when it was run or output to database already happened? (I have tested the latter is correct but not sure). If so, is there a way we can prevent wrong data ingestion from something like a ROLLBACK?

2. In-DB Output and Output Difference: Others saying In-DB can speed queries afterwards data write. Does that mean they have the same speed regarding data write when you don't have further DDL processes?

3. If I only have an Alteryx Designer license, does that necessarily mean I am running the flow on my Laptop? Could it be a VM instead? If so, where can I find the VM info. From my experience, internet has a 60% influence on the runtime. This makes me feel like it is running on my laptop using my VPN.

I know these 3 questions/theories are not totally related, but I think they are questions any new user who deal with Prod Env can run into and I hope this tread can help us!

Thank you!

0 REPLIES 0
Labels