Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

500 Internal Error when using PUT tool 2022.1

Link86
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I am using the Alteryx API on 2022.1 to try to auto provision our users based on a security file that will be coming through another system. I am able to bring in a list of all users using the GET tool without issue. However, once I provision a user with new information and pipe it through the PUT tool I get an 500 Internal Error and I am not sure why because the GET tool works with the same server. I have attached a screen shot of the workflow but due to the sensitive of the connection details I am not able to upload a copy of the workflow.

Thank you.

Documentation Used: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Introducing-the-Alteryx-Server-v3-API/ba-p/899228

Link86_0-1665406177335.png

3 REPLIES 3
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Link86 

The macro pack is a wrapper around the raw Alteryx V3 API calls.  There are several notes on this page, but the one that might be affecting your results is 

danilang_0-1665407490062.png

Dan

Link86
8 - Asteroid

Ah, I did miss this note. Yes, we use Windows Authentication for our severs. @danilang, Thank you for pointing this out.

EDIT: I may have accepted prematurely. I see that there is create a new user and update a user in your link above. We are trying to update a user with this method not create a user. The users account is created as soon as they hit our gallery link. @danilang Does this change your advice?

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Link86 

If your situation is not covered by the documentation, you should a ticket with support@alteryx.com.  Since you don't get any useful information with a 500 error, they'll want to see the server logs to see what might be causing the issue.  

Another option is to try the same calls in a Download tool or better yet in PostMan.  If it works in either of those, then the issue is with the macro itself.  If not, there is probably an issue with the parameters. 

Dan

Labels