Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

32 bit data in a 64 bit world

MsMilli
6 - Meteoroid

I'm having problems on new release of version 11. I have 32 bit data and 11 is only 64bit. In 10.6, it was an easy to link up to my system database.

I'm having problems using the IN DB icon because will not link to the database. I can link to the input icon to my database however it only returns a small portion of my data. HELP!!

6 REPLIES 6
AtsukoC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You can use Input Data tool to connect to the database using 32-bit driver.

To do so, you need to select Other Databases -> 32-bit Database Connections, like below:

32bitODBC.png

I hope this answers your question.

MsMilli
6 - Meteoroid

I have tried that method. But it only gives me a small portion of the records in which I need.

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@MsMilli - which database are you connecting to, and which driver are you using? The driver version would also be helpful. Our supported drivers and driver versions can be found by click on the appropriate database on our Tech Specs page.

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
MsMilli
6 - Meteoroid

I am using Oracle and have an ODBC driver.

The configuration is the same set up as in previous versions. 

AtsukoC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @MsMilli

Can you please clarify what you mean by small portion of data? Are you not getting all the rows back? Also, if you are caching the data, please clear it by un-checking Cache Data box in the configuration, and run the workflow again to see if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Atsuko

MsMilli
6 - Meteoroid

The cache box is not checked. I am only getting 2000 rows returned in the browse tool when I connect to data table. I checked my table in access by writing a query that only selects the table in which I want to view and it returns back close to 10000 rows. I have contacted IT at work. I think it maybe the drivers in some way it not connecting correctly to the new upgraded version. Thanks for the help.

Labels