Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Alteryx is here to help you solve your biggest data challenges. Read about the new Virtual Solution Center here.

32-bit Oracle Connection

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

Hey all,

I've tried just about every solution I could find on the community to get an Oracle 32-bit connection to work.  When I use the 'Other Databases>32-Bit Database Connections>ODBC', then select the database and enter my user name and password nothing happens at all, no errors, no nothing.  The same thing when I try 'Other Databases>32-Bit Database Connections>Oracle OCI...'.  Strangely enough if I use 'Other Databases>32-Bit Database Connections>OleDB...'  the test is successful, but then nothing happens when I say OK.  Also I got the connection to work yesterday, but when I try an modify the query I get the error below:

"Access to the path 'C\Users\X6138036......................log' is denied"

Using the default Oracle connection throws the 64-bit 32-bit error.  Any ideas?

Highlighted
Community Operations Manager
Community Operations Manager

@S2N ,

First questions is do you need to use a 32 bit connection? 32 bit is not ideal as it can be very slow. Understand if that is all you have, but highly recommend using a 64 bit connection. 

Are you using a supported driver? https://help.alteryx.com/2018.3/DataSources/SupportedDataSources.htm

Since 32 bit drivers are really older versions of drivers they can be a little finicky. You may want to work with your database admin to make sure you have the proper access and use a 64 bit connection.

If you can update to the 64 bit and confirm access. Please reach out to Alteryx Support for help.

Thanks

DanM

Highlighted

I had the same issue where I would select 32-Bit ODBC to setup a connection and nothing would happen. I found that Version 2019.4.6 has a bug that prevents connections to 32-bit ODBC sources. Version 2019.3.6 works just fine. This is an Alteryx issue.

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @CharltonFranklin @S2N 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This has been fixed in our most recent version: 2019.4.8 which is available on our downloads site. 

Henriette Haigh
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.

Labels