Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

2020.2 New App wont open in new version....demands even newer one ?

warrencowan
9 - Comet

I have just created a couple of analytic apps that are running a batch macro I've just put together.

All is well in the designer view, and even when running the app from the open workflow. However when I try to run it as an app, I get the following.

Dubya_0-1593531254117.png

One of the apps was simply a copy and paste of another app that already worked and now the newly saved version also demands a more recent version of alteryx too.

Suffice to say, simply clicking ok doesnt actually load the app either!

I am running the latest version (2020.2.3.27789) havign only upgraded a couple of days ago, so am quite stumped.

Anyone know what to do?

thanks

W

6 REPLIES 6
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @warrencowan,

Do you have two versions of Alteryx Designer installed? An admin and a non-admin version? The app may be trying to run in the other where some tools used in the workflow are not installed.

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know!

Regards,

Jonathan

warrencowan
9 - Comet

Thanks for the quick response @Jonathan-Sherman 

gonna fess up here, I'm still a bit fuzzy on the whole admin versus non admin version.

I upgraded using the admin version, but am not running it as an admin. I have fallen foul of not doing it that way in the past, but perhaps mistakenly thought this was the correct protocol.

I run the desktop with scheduler edition, and avoid running as admin typically as the admisntrator profile of the machine itself doesnt have much in the way of available network privilleges to connect to things.

Is there a clear approach?

many thanks in advance

w

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

No worries at all! I would start by checking if you have two versions installed (go to start and search)

Jonathan-Sherman_0-1593533127840.png

warrencowan
9 - Comet

ok...I see where you;re going.

It does appear I have 2 versions. 

Dubya_0-1593534689214.png

presumably I should remove one?

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I would uninstall the Alteryx Designer version that you didn't successfully run the app in. When you do there should be no issues in running the app!

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know!

Regards,

Jonathan

warrencowan
9 - Comet

Nailed it @Jonathan-Sherman !

There were 2, so have uninstalled previous user version, and am sticking with the latest admin version at 2020.2. Apps running successfully.

Your help and patience are very much appreciated!

Best

w

Labels