Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
ALTER.NEXT:

Join us on Dec 2 for a half-day virtual analytics + data science event!
US & CA customers only

SAVE YOUR SPOT
It's the most wonderful time of the year - Santalytics 2020 is here! This year, Santa's workshop needs the help of the Alteryx Community to help get back on track, so head over to the Group Hub for all the info to get started!

2018 Alteryx render tool new line not working

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I'm having an issue with printing to pdf the address to look like this:
Name

Address

Zip,State

it ends up looking like this instead:

Name,Address,Zip,State

As you can see it does not recognize the new line, I had a workflow in V11 that ran perfectly see below screenshot:

Capture.PNG

So first I used the formula to replace the /n <br/>:

REGEX_Replace([Field1],"\n","<br />"

Then after the table I use a formula to fix it using the formula below:

Replace([Table],"&lt;br /&gt;","<br />")

But after the 2018.3 update it does not work anymore. Does anyone know a solution to this? It seem as though the Visual layout tool is not recognizing the table anymore due to the formula being in the way

Thanks!

Highlighted
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Could you please post an example of what's in [Field1], then I can try and replicate?

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid
Hi David,

Sorry for the late reply, I was actually able to fix it by deleting it and
then adding it back into the workflow, found that weird, but this solved it.

Thanks

--
*Sara Wei*
PwC | Senior Associate
New York | +1 (347) 205 7559
PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
pwc.com

The content of this email is limited to the matters specifically addressed herein and is not intended to address other potential tax consequences or the potential application of tax penalties to this or any other matter.

The information transmitted, including any attachments, is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited, and all liability arising therefrom is disclaimed. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP is a Delaware limited liability partnership. This communication may come from PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP or one of its subsidiaries.
Labels