Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

1 workflow with 1 input tool but 2 files to run with 2 macros, how to make Alteryx run

Krasus
8 - Asteroid

Hello there,

Capture.JPG

Just like this picture, in fact, i need to make a model like this my project, that my account have 2 types, one has the column named "AAA" and the other has the column "BBB".

If there any way to control alteryx to run appropriately? I mean, i don't want to create 2 workflow, i need only 1 workflow which can run with "macro AAA"(but don't run the "macro BBB") if i give "AAA" as input. And the same way, it will run with "macro BBB" if i give "BBB" as input.

I have zipped all examples into the attachment.

Thanks a lot!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
chris_love
12 - Quasar

How about using the field name (appended to the data) and a filter:

2015-11-05_10-58-40.jpg

Krasus
8 - Asteroid

Thanks you Chris it's really a nice idea.

But the thing is, once we change the input, all connections will be initialized and can't be mapped. Is there any way to solve the mapping problem? (You know, i need to introduce this to my client who doesn't have any idea how to use Alteryx, how to mapping, but only clic ctrl+R to get the result.............and that's why i want to have only 1 workflow to adapt both 2 macros)Capture.JPG

chris_love
12 - Quasar

You could use a dynamic rename tool to rename AAA and BBB fields to something standard following the filter....

Labels