Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

1 matched record is missing after INNER JOIN

hal_dal
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am trying to join two tables based on an identifier,

however, after comparing the manual steps with the steps done in Alteryx, seems like 1 record is missing and it should have been matched.

I have tried using the cleansing tool before joining to see if there could be whitespaces but that doesn't seem to be the issue.

I'm not too sure why it's missing in the inner join and cannot think of any other possibilities?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
neilgallen
12 - Quasar

Depending on the confidentiality of the data, it's always best to share a sample so we can likely diagnose what's going on.

Outside of that, it's possible to check the case of the data.The joins are case sensitive.

hal_dal
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

sorry I couldn't provide the data as they are confidential and also quiet large. 

But after adding the cleansing tool to modify the field to uppercase, that seems to have fixed it. 

(even though the field does look like it's all uppercase to me)

Thanks again!

Labels