Alteryx Designer Desktop Knowledge Base

Definitive answers from Designer Desktop experts.

GCSE-596: Amazon Redshift Bulk Loader Size of Bulk Load Chunks set to default

ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx
Created

Issue

When using Amazon Redshift Bulk Connection, the Output Data tool option "Size of Bulk Load Chunks (1 MB to 102400 MB)" is set to default if the Bulk Size value is higher than 4K. 

In below example, the option "Size of Bulk Load Chunks (1 MB to 102400 MB)" in the Output Data tool is set to 100000. When you run the workflow you will notice in the result messages that the default value was used:

Output Data (6) Size of Bulk Load Chunks set to default, 128 MB. Value must be an integer, 1 to 102400.

image.pngimage.png

The Bulk Size value specified in the option "Size of Bulk Load Chunks (1 MB to 102400 MB)" in the Output Data tool should had been used to write data and the result messages should had shown that value:

Output Data (6) Size of Bulk Load Chunks used: 100000 MB.

Environment Details

• Alteryx Designer
    • Version: 2022.1.
  • Data Source: Amazon Redshift.
  • Drivers: Amazon Redshift version 1.04.10.1000. and Simba Amazon Redshift 1.04.10.1000.

Cause

Defect: GCSE-596

Diagnosis 

This issue is not observed in previous version 2021.4.

Resolution

Defect GCSE-596 is target for resolution in future release. 

Additional Resources

Comments
MichaelC
Alteryx
Alteryx

Is this resolved with the 2022.3 release?

carlosteixeira
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hello Team.

Is this resolved???

lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@carlosteixeira @MichaelC 
Not in 2022.3 nor in 2023.1

carlosteixeira
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Thanks, @lepome for the update.

Unfortunately, we are having many issues with this in our environment should be good if this could be fixed soon as possible.

Any idea when it could happen?

Thanks a lot.

lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@carlosteixeira @MichaelC 
Regrettably, I am ignorant of the specifics, and my department is explicitly forbidden to discuss details of the roadmap, so I don't have any projection for you.