The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

SFTP feature in Download Tool

Hi,
Just learnt today that Download Tool doesn't support uploading to a SFTP server. This feature is pretty critical and essential for many use in the Enterprise world. Is this something we can expect in next release?
-Hemanth

27 Comments
ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

scottiewardell
6 - Meteoroid

@AlexP i see you marked this as completed but I still cant get an SFTP file to work ... where can I find more instructions?

TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @scottiewardell - check out this knowledge base article. It should give you all the instruction you need.

Upload to SFTP/FTP - More Examples with Alteryx 10.5

scottiewardell
6 - Meteoroid

@TaraM thanks for the help!  Unfortunately the issue is I need to download.  I need to identify the directory from the FTP then run some logic to find the most recent version of a file, then download it.  The problem is one of the subfolders of the FTP site is throwing off "Error: Download (8): Error transferring data: Error in the SSH layer".  That error only occurs for the one subfolder I need, but does not occur for any of the other subfolders.  Any ideas? @AlexP

jeremy_dalletezze
7 - Meteor

I keep getting the same error, "Error transferring data: Error in the SSH layer", when trying to upload, but I have yet to submit a case.

scottiewardell
6 - Meteoroid

@jeremy_dalletezze I was able to fix it - I think for me it was a file size issue of the target folder/file and the download was taking too long so the tool timed out.  A few things I did that seemed to fix it...

1 - on the "connection" tab I changed max connections to 10 and changed timeout to 10,000

2 - running the workflow via our alteryx server scheduler worked much faster than trying to run it on my desktop, if you potentially have access to a faster server