Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Run up to Selected Tool

The idea is to have a Run option, where the workflow runs everything up to the selected tool (Like the Cache functionality does).

You select the tool, hit Run Up and the workflows executes everything "before" the selected tool.

That'll make developing much easier, specially when dealing with big workflows and constant changing data.

Aguisande_0-1649437823125.png

22 Comments
AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

clmc9601
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Complementary customizability with this idea! https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Disable-all-Downstream-tools/idi-p/1001413 (Two different topics, but they're both related to customizing workflow runs)

JeffA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Aguisande love this. You would also expect the workflow to ignore running all paths that the selected tool doesn't depend on, correct?

For instance, in the following image, if you wanted to run up to the regex tool, the workflow would ignore the "True" path of the filter tool.

JeffA_0-1663869307757.png

Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @JeffA 

In my case, I thought of this idea in that way, so you're correct.

But I'd love to hear from others too, cause maybe I'm missing some benefits of doing it another way.

Taylor_S
8 - Asteroid

Awesome idea! Would make testing and troubleshooting a breeze especially when building out apps and macros. 

SomaSrikanth
6 - Meteoroid

For debugging or troubleshooting something, especially for a beginner like me, it  becomes very inconvenient to use other non-ideal solutions for the discussed scenarios. Please implement this idea. 

AdrianSanchez
6 - Meteoroid

i like this idea!!

TDSSP
5 - Atom

It would be useful, esp. in cas of larga data to process

Fabien75013
5 - Atom

I could be very usefull and other tool like KNIME have this option (it's even by default to execute only updated tools and the whole workflow).

Thanks

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

+1