The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Reporting - Default Table Formatting Under User Settings

As a user, I would like to have the ability to define the default table formatting settings for font, border, font size, font style etc within the table tool so that I do not have to redefine each time I create a table.

I understand I could copy the table after doing it once and use for subsequent tables created, however it would nice to do this once and utilize this as the default for future workflows.

These settings could be defined in a report focused section of User Settings, or defined within the tool.  For example, if in the tool, features could include a box to (make current settings default, revert back to factory default, etc.)  Another beneficial feature would be to create "presets" that could be selected from a drop down that would automatically update the customized settings to match a previously defined combination of formatting specifications.

This could be extended further to formatting rules related to columns and tables as well, saving the time spent on setting up rules previously utilized.

4 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

We appreciate your feedback! If you haven’t yet be sure to check out our updated Submission Guidelines as it goes over our idea boards and the requirements to reach product in a bit greater detail. Be sure to check out the other product idea boards as well as like any other ideas that would benefit you!

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

User tool defaults have been a common request for the Alteryx Designer - I agree with you on the need.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

C_Santos
5 - Atom

Customizable default table settings would be very helpful for formatting all the tables in the workflow.