The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Mongo DB Input - Sorting option

HI, 

Not sure if this Idea was already posted (I was not able to find an answer), but let me try to explain.

When I am using Mongo DB Input tool to query AlteryxService Mongo DB (in order to identify issues on the Gallery) I have to extract all data from Collection AS_Result.

The problem is that here we have huge amount of data and extracting and then parsing _ServiceData_ (blob) consume time and system resources.

This solution I am proposing is to add Sorting option to Mongo input tool. Simple choice ASC or DESC order. 

Sebastian_Chaieb2_0-1679473890913.png

Thanks to that I can extract in example last 200 records and do my investigation instead of extracting everything 

In addition it will be much easier to estimate daily workload and extract (via scheduler) only this amount of data we need to analyze every day ad load results to external BD.

Thanks,

Sebastian 

1 Comment
AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes