I understand why you need to keep bloat away from the product and have tools available to download instead, it means you can iterate and update them outside the usual cadence cycles. But please, for the love of everything holy, make it easier to find them and download them.
Let me give you an example of downloading the Google Sheets Input Tool:
1. I type in the amazing search and find a help article on it, so far so good:
2. I am pointed to the Gallery:
3. I click but where do I look? I need to revert to the tiny search in the top left. This isn't obvious for new users
4. but the search doesn't come top, how some of these search results get in above what I need I have no idea. I get to page 4 before I see something that looks like what I need before I realise it is a third party tool having installed it. I come back, can't find the tool and so give up. If it's there somewhere then it needs to be more obvious.
5. I google - I finally find (third item) something that's more useful but only because I know what I'm looking for
6. I run the workflow, then run it again as per the instructions. At this point I'm losing the will to live tbh.
7. Finally something that looks useful, I bang the huge download button twice and wonder why it didn't work.
9. I read the text and realise I need to click the link - finally I have the installer.
That was a five minute job. It was painful. And I'm a seasoned Alteryx user. If I was a new user, I'd have given up at step 2 or 3.
But what was the thing I downloaded in Step 8? A set of release notes and links....why aren't these simply added to the help article I found in Step 1/2? It would surely be easier for you, and would be a whole lot easier for users. Why do we need this painful process?
Please please please make it easier for me to install new tools.