Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Let tools group by selections persist when copied

There are a number of tools that lose their selections when copied and pasted. Here are the ones I quickly found so far: 

-Multi Row Formula (Group By)

-Running Total (Group By)

-Transpose (Key Fields and Data Fields)

-Unique (Unique Fields)

-Concatenate (Group Data by these values and method for aggregating values)

It would be really great if they could keep their selections when pasted. This would be similar to the Join, Multi Field Formulas, or Sort tools which keep their settings but let you know if a field is missing. Thanks!

14 Comments
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The table tool is another one that can suffer dramatically from lost metadata: idea

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@MarqueeCrew  Can I request keeping configuration when copy/pasting the Only Unique tool? 😁 💙

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Kenda ,

I would be happy to accommodate you, but the copy/paste of the tool in alteryx isn't capturing the XML from the configured tool.  If you VIEW the XML, for complex configurations you can copy the XML and EDIT/PASTE it into the new tool.  For that matter, you can convert any "blank" macro into whatever it is that you copy/paste from probably.

Cheers,

Mark

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes