The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Let cache utilize upstream cache

I like the new cache option in 2018.3, but I would like it to function a little bit different. Let's say you cache at a certain point and then continue to build after that. If I reach another checkpoint and want to cache, it currently re-runs the entire workflow (ie it ignores my cache upstream and just goes back to the beginning of the workflow); instead, I would rather have it utilize the upstream cache. Personally, caching is usually an iterative effort during development where I keep caching along the way. The current functionality of the cache is not conducive to this. Thanks!

16 Comments
etzele
8 - Asteroid

I also support what Claje has proposed. This would definitely speed up my work!

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepted

Thank you for posting to the Alteryx Community! Our product team has reviewed this idea and have added it to the current roadmap. We'll update the idea again once it's closer to being released in the product.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@KylieF Glad to hear it's been accepted!

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Keep an eye out for this feature to be available in a upcoming release!

Nick612Haylund
10 - Fireball
10 - Fireball

Nice idea @patrick_digan -- excited to see it soon 🙂

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

Thank you for suggesting this! As of the 2020.1 release, caching a tool downstream from a cached tool will utilize the upstream cache instead of start the entire workflow over. The release notes for 2020.1 are available here.