The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Interface tools to be allowed to be deactivated in containers

Currently it's not possible to "switch off" interface tools in the same was as we can with the other tools. This limits the functionality especially within chained apps. If we could switch these tools off it would be much easier for us to tailor the experience by allowing selections to be activated by logic, rather than simply the data therein.

Please Alteryx Gods. I beseech thee!

*lights candles*

20 Comments
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Great idea Chris!!! The gears in my head are already moving wrt all the things this could unlock!

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I feel like this is one of those ideas that we've all lived with and found workarounds for but makes so much sense to add it to the product! I will gladly hop on this bandwagon 

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I support this idea, but going a bit further, it would be interesting to enhance the whole Chained App structure. I still think using containers to define window interfaces would be tricky, we should be able to link apps in a clear way.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

marcusblackhill
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

That would be very helpful. It would simplify the way we do Apps, how we test them, control the flow, etc. Great idea!

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Would indeed be very helpful. Especially while building complex analytical apps that might need different interfaces according to the audience using it.

Taylor_S
8 - Asteroid

Yes!! This is so needed!!

hansfinesse
8 - Asteroid

This should be actually implemented! The container when disabled should not show the interface tools associated with it. This can be great with conditional logic

hansfinesse
8 - Asteroid

This is required

xx79
4 - Baryon
Status changed to: Under Review