The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Default the Dataset Default Reference Base Map to something other than [None]

hello!
Currently when using any spatial data or tool, by default, i have to select a reference base map each time:

TheOC_0-1653664418327.png

TheOC_1-1653664421384.png

This can be confusing for new users - as they may not realise within the browse tool (and other spatial tools) that you have to select this, especially with it being such a small setting at the top of the browse tool.

Now this can be solved by going into the User Settings, and changing this in the default settings:

TheOC_2-1653664480870.png

TheOC_3-1653664493362.png

However as mentioned, for new users this really isn't clear, and can be a roadblock in development. It would be fantastic if Alteryx defaulted the reference base map to Alteryx Light (or, any of them, other than [None]) to make these tools useable out of the box.

Thanks,
TheOC

3 Comments
ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

This also confused me when I first started with spatial.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

every click we save, and every small hiccup / confusion eliminated gets people to analytics faster.

Keep these fit-and-finish ones coming @TheOC