Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Concatenate Unique Method for Summarize tool

Lots of use cases involve concatenating some values based on group by clauses within the Summarize tool.

It will be great to have the option to Concatenate Unique as an aggregation method, so the results will have just one appearance for each value in the results.

Plus, having the option to get the chance to have them sorted or not will be awesome.

9 Comments
DataNath
17 - Castor

Would definitely like to see this! Looks like there's already an open suggestion that's 'Accepting Votes' here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Concatenate-Unique/idi-p/942421

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I often have to use 2 summarize tools to accomplish this. However, 9 out of 10 times it's after I realized that I forgot to do it (I notice this by seeing the output).   Adding this option would be a time saver for sure!

Hollingsworth
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Simple and powerful idea!

Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@DataNath 

Thanks for pointing that out. I searched for this in ideas, but results didn't show, that's why I created this.

Maybe the community team can merge both posts?

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Merging posts is a good one to join the same or very similar ideas as @Hollingsworth can attest with our respective find missing macro ideas getting merged and then moving to the next status! 

An upvote from me, as so many times I’ve done two summarize tools chained together (group by [1], group by [2]. Then group by [1], concat [2]).

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Great idea! Definitely a scenario I've come across frequently ! 

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

peterr_h
8 - Asteroid

Hi, this has already been submitted here: Concatenate Unique - Alteryx Community

I'd recommend merging these as they're the same suggestion.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Fully agree @Aguisande - there are a few of these kind of cases which would be very useful.

As you say, there is already a countDistinct but not a concat distinct.