Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Allowing Special Characters (like &) In the App Label Groups

Hi,

When creating an app, in the "Interface Designer", the Label doesn't allow "&", and most likely other special characters. So if I have an app explaining say telcom brands, AT&T shows as ATT. Since it's an app on the Gallery with a large audience, it would be helpful for it to display in the interface like the user inputs it. Is this something that can be updated? Thanks!

3 Comments
JulieM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Thanks for the post @Eli_B!  I'm marking this as under review and totally agree that it would be best to have support for special characters as a part of a future enhancement to the app interface. We'll keep this post updated as we may any progress here.  Thanks!

Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

I just wanted to add a little more information - I just found this suggestion and think its a great idea!

This issue applies throughout the application interface on the Gallery, including in cases like the File Browse tool.  If you're reviewing support for special characters, I think it would be great to look through all of these corner cases where the Gallery behaves differently than desktop applications.

Currently, I have to ask teams to remove & characters from filenames before running certain processes, which is a manual process that I'd really like to do away with.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Revisit

Thank you for your post! We are really interested in this idea, however we cannot fit this idea on the near future road map. We’ll keep this idea in mind however and update the status once we’re better able to speak on when and if we can implement it.