The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Ability to edit annotations in image template tool - intelligence suite

When creating annotations in the new image template tool as part of intelligence suite, a feature improvement would be the ability to modify the annotation, to change the dimensions of it.

Currently the only option is to cancel and redraw but being able to edit and drag the existing annotation would be a great addition. This is because the sizing and position of the annotation is important in the OCR process, and when there are many annotations on a page a user is likely to only need to make minor adjustments instead of deleting and redrawing. A mock up is below.

Untitled drawing (12).png

7 Comments
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I agree - this would especially be useful if you care about the order of the fields that come out of the tool. Creating a new one puts that field last, but editing an existing one would allow you to preserve the order.

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Nice additional suggestion, as it's true that selecting it will push then field to the end of the output.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Awesome, loving the intelligence suite ideas!

Of course thank you both for your feedback, its great to see feedback on this product as well as construction development on that feedback so that our product team have the best idea on what you'd like to see.

This idea looks good to go to product once the necessary like criteria has been met. In the mean time be sure to like and comment on any ideas that would also be of value to you since it helps our product team really grasp the importance of a request.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

veeliang
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi All. Thank you for the idea. This capability was released in Intelligence Suite version 22.3 where we added the ability to edit annotation bounding boxes in the Image Template tool. We enabled this functionality with mini-tate, a new open-source React library from Alteryx.

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Wooooo! I think this is my first implemented idea @veeliang you have made me very happy.