Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

workflow fails when it is scheduled

Jmarquez
7 - Meteor

Dear all, 

I have face an issue when i try to schedule a simple workflow that extract some data from different data bases through a odbc connector and after some transformations the data goes to an excel file output.

When I run the workflow manually it works fine. But when I set up the scheduled run it fails every single time.

I have tryed running it as a copy in scheduler DB and as a copy in my local machine, both fails.

the error messages that I'm getting are like this :

Error: Tool #133: SQLDriverConnect error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver was specified.

I'm really lost troubleshooting this errors. I really would appreciate any help

Thank you in advance.

Jorge

9 REPLIES 9
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Jmarquez ,

Have you added the data sources on the machine running Alteryx Server ?

Jmarquez
7 - Meteor

Hi @Jean-Balteryx

I forgot to mention that I don't have the server license. 

I'm setting up the process with the basic scheduler license.

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

On your computer ?

Jmarquez
7 - Meteor

yes it is 

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

This post might help you : https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Data-source-name-not-found-and-no-defa...

Tell me if it allows you to solve your problem.

Jmarquez
7 - Meteor

I'm still a bit lost with this,
I am running the workflow locally on my computer, where I have created the odbc connections with my username and password, the same one that is configured in the alteryx data entry.

When I run it manually it works without errors, but when it is scheduled, it fails.

I don't know what could be wrong.

Any idea ?

Thanks!

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Jmarquez ,

Have you tried changing the system setting "Run as" credentials to the user having access to the database server ?

Jmarquez
7 - Meteor

I don't really know what I should change there,

The user and my user is the one that is configured in the connection and in the workflow.

What am I supposed to put in domain?

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Can you share a screenshot of your settings ?

Labels