Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

workflow anchor data capacity

kunalmodasia
6 - Meteoroid

In result window each anchor holds certain amount of data for review. What is that mimitaion?

1 megabyte / 5 megabyte or is it limited to certain number of cells or rows/Colum?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
john_watkins
11 - Bolide

I have never hit a record limit yet and have worked with a few hundred million records at a time.  Alteryx itself runs in memory, and the more you have available the better.  I have 32Gb at the moment.  It will spill over to disk/temp if you exceed the amount of available memory

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @kunalmodasia ,

By default the results window can accommodate 1MB worth of data (link to Alteryx help pages)

AngelosPachis_0-1626895439858.png

Regards,

Angelos

kunalmodasia
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you very much. I got answer.

john_watkins
11 - Bolide

Thanks for clarifying.  I've been used to the Alteryx versions with no "preview" in the output anchor for so long I forgot that limit as it is only a preview vs. using an actual Browse tool.   I will add a browse tool instead when trying to search for things in larger datasets where the output anchor alone is not enough.

john_watkins
11 - Bolide

That is correct, my response was more if you need to see more than the result window allows, then you can add an actual Browse tool and it will show you all of the data.  In that tool, you will not have limitations.   The result window is good for small stuff and a browse is good when you go over the limit.   Sounds like you have the answer.

Labels