Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

tableau output tool cant run on server

peanut89
8 - Asteroid

We have tableau cloud and i need to schedule a flow to run with tableau output .

Runs fine locally.  But on server i get this error.

I have installed it on the server. For all users

peanut89_0-1678191508516.png

7 REPLIES 7
FrederikE
13 - Pulsar
peanut89
8 - Asteroid

i dont see 

• .ProgramData.Alteryx.Tools in the server. Specfically 'tools' does not exist
Hunter12
5 - Atom

Did you ever get this to work? We installed the plug-in and it runs on the server. We can't figure out how to pass credentials to it.

jessarthur
7 - Meteor

You will need to use Data Connection Manager (DCM) to pass your credentials to the tool when published on Server.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Knowledge-Base/How-to-Set-up-DCM-for-Desig...

Propel32_
5 - Atom

Hi - I was facing a similar issue and then set up DCM to pass the tableau credentials, but when I use the scheduler and try to run the workflow, I am getting an error - "Failed to fetch DCM values".  Do you know why this might be happening?

jessarthur
7 - Meteor

Make sure you've synced the DCM credentials in Designer to Server. Open the DCM window and you should see a "Sync" button. This is what shares credentials between local and Server instances of the workflow.

Propel32_
5 - Atom

Thank you for the advice on this. When I go to sync, it appears that our Alteryx Gallery has not been set up. In system settings, when I tick 'Enable Gallery' and click through to the end, I am getting the following error:

Settings verification failed, please verify the following:

Setting with root <Controller> and name <EmbeddedMongoDBRootPath> must be empty or contain an existing instance

Service with name <WebInterface> must be running

I can see in the Controller > Persistence section of System Settings that the Database Type defaults to MongoDB and it appears all other settings have remained the same, so I believe the error is being caused by this particular setting.

Do you know what might be causing this and how I can go about fixing it? 

Labels