Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

smartsheet connector

RogerS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Here is a macro that allows you to pull down from the smartsheet API.  Download and import the macro and save it to your desktop.  Next you will need to go the options and click on User settings-Edit user settings and then choose the Macros tab at the top.  Using the + symbol to the right you can navigate to folder that contains the smartsheet Macro.  The Macro will now show up in your connector category.  To use the Macro you will need to enter your API key and answer yes to refresh smartsheet Names.  After you have a list of smartsheet names you can set refresh to No and choose the sheet from the second drop down to retrieve the data.  Hope this helps!

43 REPLIES 43
ThomasT
8 - Asteroid

In the macro it's important that you update the 'Bearer' in each download tool, otherwise you won't get anything in return. Alternatively you can use the ODBC connector as metioned above. 

If you can't get it to work at all, please send me an IM and we can arrange a catch up and I'll guide you through it. 

More instructions around ODBC can be found here: 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Connecting-Alteryx-to-Smartsheet/td-p/...

ddavis07
5 - Atom

ddavis07_0-1680631397112.png

ddavis07_1-1680631454941.png

I attempted this but get an error downstream with the select tool. Is there something I am doing wrong or missing?

ksabha99
5 - Atom

Hello Alteryx Community Members,

I would like to pull all the data from Smartsheet A and overwrite the data in Smartsheet B. Can someone suggest how I can do so using Alteryx. I am able to read the entire data from Smartsheet A using ODBC connector. Any help in this regards is highly appreciated

ThomasT
8 - Asteroid

@ksabha99 unfortunately the Smartsheet ODBC connector is limited to download only (which is a major pain and I hope they will fix that in the future). 

As my business is mainly focused on Smartsheet/Alteryx interaction I've spent a lot of time to build macros that combine row/column/sheet id's. There are some basic macros you can find here in the forum that explain how to 'update rows. See link below:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/smartsheet-connector/td-p/3452...

You can turn the 'update rows' workflow into a macro, but it gets quite difficult once you have a sheet with 50 columns. 

Labels