Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

sending multiple email with attachment

ritzjr
5 - Atom

Hi - i am trying to send an email to  a different person and i need to attach the number that was assigned to them. Can anyone help me to build design for below table.

example: Richenlyn@ym.com - the email should attached the account that was assigned to her.

Zitr@ym.com - the email should attached the account that was assigned to her.

Email addressNameEmpIDAccount no.
Richenlyn@ym.comRichR21345687648531
Zitr@ym.comRitZZ32451697312354
Lean@ym.comLeanL64564576465462

6 REPLIES 6
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @ritzjr 

When you say 'attached' do you mean a file attached to the email? Or simply that the account number should be referenced in the body or subject of the email?

ritzjr
5 - Atom

the account number should attached to the email

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @ritzjr 

I'm still not sure I follow, but hopefully this helps. You can use the reporting tools to have dynamic text based on the fields. So if you wanted the body of the email to have the account number in it, you select the account number field from the 'available fields' and for each record it will drop in the related account number.

Luke_C_0-1649854381395.png

To use this in the email tool, you can map the resulting text field created by the report text tool to the body. You could do the same for the subject line too.

Luke_C_1-1649854458302.png

ritzjr
5 - Atom

Hi Luke_C,

Thank you for your great solution, aside from having account number on the body. I also want to create an excel attachment and have the account number in it.

Luke_C
17 - Castor
ritzjr
5 - Atom

Thank you

Labels