Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

"This workflow produced no output." ... Well.. it should?

MonBrazier
8 - Asteroid

Hey everyone!

I have a workflow that I am uploading to our local gallery. Aaaannnnd the render tool is not producing an output.

There is definitely an output in designer, but not when I run it in the gallery.

I've followed the recommendation to upload a pcxml file, and remove the path from the output file field (see screenshot)

I'm really at a loss. I've been trying to solve this for about a week now :(

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much,

Mon

11 REPLIES 11
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@MonBrazier can't tell because of the drawing on the image, but have you tried something like this ".\output.pcxml"  without the quotes?

MonBrazier
8 - Asteroid

Yes, sure have :(

Yeah sorry - I just scribbled out the file name.

Claje
14 - Magnetar

When you go to Save onto the Gallery, can you click on the blue "Manage Workflow Assets" link under "Workflow Options"?

claje_workflowoptions.PNG

When you do, can you just confirm that the check box next to your render tool is Checked?

MonBrazier
8 - Asteroid

Yep - I've tried with it ticked, and without it ticked. :)

Capture2.PNG

Claje
14 - Magnetar

Okay, Next question!

I've attached a VERY basic workflow (Text Input, Table, Render) that I was able to get working on my local Gallery.

Can you try saving this workflow to your Gallery to see if it produces a Render?

You can also recreate it from scratch if you'd prefer to do that.

MonBrazier
8 - Asteroid

Yes that works :)

Capture3.PNG

I was doing some playing around earlier - and it seems to work with standard tools. My workflow uses in-db tools...

Capture4.PNG

It seems to not appreciate the joins? 

When I replace the joins with standard tools, and swap everything past the first join to standard tools, it works and produces an output in the gallery.

However, when I leave it as in-db tools (as pictured above) it does not produce an output....

In designer, an output is produced in both situations. :) Any ideas?

MonBrazier
8 - Asteroid

So - this is what works:

thought I might share a screenshot.

I still need to add the additional filters and such; but the output appears in the gallery.

Capture5.PNG

Claje
14 - Magnetar

I'd report that to Alteryx support!

That seems like unintended behavior.

Out of curiosity, if you add a Select tool after your last in-database tool in the "non-working" example, does it start working?

If no, try adding a text input tool with no records and unioning it to your INDB output and see what happens?

Very curious behavior :).  Glad you found some of the problem.

MonBrazier
8 - Asteroid

Yeah it was driving me nuts! :)

I might report it to them. Unfortunately neither of your options worked :(

Thanks very much!

Labels