Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

"This appears to be a pre V9.0 app/macro which is not supported" Error

dmpope
8 - Asteroid

Hi there,

I have an iterative macro that is used in one workflow that works as expected. I'm trying to prep the workflow for Gallery and, because of how the workflow is set up, I'm basically having a part 1 and part 2 that will be chained apps. Part 1 will be writing to a template for one portfolio and part 2 will be reading in that template to run through the rest of the portfolios. So the workflows are identical except for some minor configurations.

So I copied the workflow into a new window and on testing, I got the error on the iterative macro "This appears to be a pre V9.0 app/macro which is not supported. Please open and save the macro in Alteryx designer to migrate it." I thought this was odd since I haven't gotten this error in the initial workflow, but I opened the macro and saved it. When I ran the workflow, I got the error again. I deleted the macro and remapped it. Still got the error. I've also tried enabling the AMP engine, and I'm not getting the same results so I need to keep AMP disabled. All of my connections are correct.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
dmpope
8 - Asteroid

After some further digging, it's something to do with the CReW Dynamic Formula macro I've used within my macro. I opened it up and there's another macro within that where I'm getting this message:

Screenshot 2023-11-20 125230.png

When I opened this, it opened as a DynamicFormula.yxmcbatch file. I tried saving it and refreshing all of the macros but I'm still getting the same error.

I'm just at a loss at what to do. I checked the CReW website but there's no new version that I can see. Any ideas of what to do? Has anyone else come into this same kind of error with a CReW macro?

Labels