Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

"Has a different schema than the first file" error

ltensmeyer
7 - Meteor

So I have to load multiple files in my script. In general, the files are pretty uniform but i'm getting this error for a few of them:

ltensmeyer_1-1685129497688.png

I looked this error up and found this Discussion  from a few years ago. The general consensus seemed to be that creating a batch macro was the best way around this. I haven't worked with batch macros yet so I'm a bit lost. Unfortunately I won't be able to share the files I'm using as they are confidential, but does anyone know the basics of creating a batch macro for this purpose? Any help is appreciated, thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
tristank
11 - Bolide

Great resources @binuacs 

Hi @ltensmeyer 

Double check that your schema and field type are the same before you go making a batch macro. 

The field info tool is a great place to start for quick comparison

Here is a similar post I was reading to get some ideas

If nothing else works then there is no better way to learn batch macro than a quick interactive lesson from Alteryx themselves

Tell me if any of this helps and have a great weekend!

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @ltensmeyer 

If as your said,  the files are pretty uniform. then you can specific fit range like A:Z after sheet name in your file path. maybe the action resolve your problem.

flying008_0-1685173264417.png

Labels