Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

populate a new column based on criteria from existing columns

Ruby2
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I need to populate a new column based on criteria from existing columns.  In this example, I would like this data

Ruby2_1-1597392719976.png

converted to this. 

Ruby2_2-1597392759766.png

Where the new column "Result Denominator' is populated with the value against metric 'Total Hours' for that Agent on that day.  I'm a complete newbie.  Can anyone advise which tool/tools i need?  Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Ruby2 I mocked up a workflow that produces the output you describe. Let me know what you think?

Ruby2
7 - Meteor

That was fast! 😄 Thank you so much!

Drussek
9 - Comet

Hope this is it.

Next time please attach your data - it is easer and faster to prepare a solution

Ruby2
7 - Meteor

On closer inspection, David, I believe this assumes that the data will always have Total Hours as the last record per agent per day.  That was the case in my mock up data but won't be in real life.  The table has millions of records.  I guess I could some kind of count to assign a unique record ID to each agent for the day but couldn't sort Total Hours to be at top as it is not the last metric alphabetically.  Is there any other way?

Ruby2
7 - Meteor

Thank you.  I will make sure I post a dataset in future.  I can see now that pictures just create more work for people.  Thank you for your solution but it doesn't give me quite the result I need.  I need that Result Denominator to show against every record.  I will post up a dataset.

Ruby2
7 - Meteor

I think I figured it out.  Thanks for your help

Labels