Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

need output Count of rows in particular column

Lalaiah
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I need a formula for the count. "A" Column has 12 transactions so i need the formula to find the count.

(In excel: =COUNT(A1:A12) result will be 12)

Regards,

Lalaiah

6 REPLIES 6
Luke_C
17 - Castor

@Lalaiah 

You could use a summarize tool with the count action, or use the count records tool. See attached workflow with examples of both. You can then join/append this data back into the workflow as needed. 

Luke_C_0-1615815537462.png

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Check out the Tool Mastery Index on the Transform Palate, Summarize Tool.  There's also a "count records" tool on the Transform Palate.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Index/ta-p/84593

Lalaiah
8 - Asteroid

Cant, we use a formula? because i need to insert the middle of the formula so.

Luke_C
17 - Castor

There's not one formula that will give you this result. If you need the '12' count repeated for all rows for use in a formula you can use the append fields tool to get it back into the main dataset for use in formulas downstream. Do you have an example of what you're trying to accomplish?

Lalaiah
8 - Asteroid

Yes ... can you please provide me examples?

Luke_C
17 - Castor

@Lalaiah 

Sure, here is an example of the append fields tool. Hopefully this is helpful, otherwise please provide an example of what you're looking to do and we can help you get to a solution. 

Luke_C_0-1615816925252.png

Labels