Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

mapping exercise

Henricus
6 - Meteoroid

Hi I am very new to Alterxy and just testing if it makes sense to use Alterxy for now. 

Would anyone please direct me how to learn quickly import of trial balances ---> simple mapping ---> produce a standard P&L, B/S format in excel? 

Attached / below is what I am trying to achieve using Alteryx. Thank you. 

Henricus_0-1682712011345.png

3 REPLIES 3
gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hey @Henricus

Welcome to Alteryx!

Here is one way to do it. First you would bring in your data and then you would map your categories using a mapping table.

Using the join tool, you are able to bring your mapping categories into your initial data set and then perform your aggregations. 

gautiergodard_0-1682713684661.png

Hope this helps!

Henricus
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much for your prompt response. I am good in excel but too new to Alterxy. I don't even know how to import data. I just need to be able to navigate and import trial balances (these are in a different format), update mapping file and generate a standard P&L, and balance sheet for a lot of trial balances. . Do you have any recommended training course? I am just testing if we should be using Alterxy for now. 

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Henricus, dont worry we all go through it! The good thing is that you have the community and many free resources to help.

I would recommend starting with this learning path to know the basics: Getting Started Learning Path - Alteryx Community

For some more tailored and potentially relevant excel courses, have a look through the interactive videos as well: Interactive Lessons - Alteryx Community

Labels