Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

<NEED HELP> want to read the excel file regardless of the sheet name

AndyHH
7 - Meteor

Hi all! Let me simply explain what I need to fix.

I have one excel, and in that excel will have one sheet. And for the sheet, we are not sure what the sheet name would be. Sometimes is :Enquiry(1), sometimes is :Enquiry. But the format is fix this is certain.

But what I faced is that if the sheet name changed, I cannot run the model since it would say "does not match a sheet name or the excel file is corrupt".

Attached is each screenshot for the steps, could anyone advise which step is wrong?

(and another question is that, what I put into template file, I named the sheet name in excel "enquiry", so I assume no matter what name of the input file's sheet name, it would be ok to read. MAYBE is this step I'm wrong but not sure. How do I let it calculate no matter what the sheet Name of input is? Thanks a lot~!)

(What i use is dynamic input which advised by other answer but failed for me, if you have other method please advise! Thank you)

2021-10-20_15-04-46.png2021-10-20_15-05-07.png2021-10-20_15-05-23.png

4 REPLIES 4
binay2448
11 - Bolide

You can use Directory tool for that, find attached example it is working fine in your condition.

gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi, @AndyHH 

I recommend to modify Formula expression as follows:

gawa_0-1634801275293.png

2 things.

It seems that sheet name may contain parenthesis(). For some reason, character with parenthesis cannot be correctly replaced by REGEX_Replace, so just use Replace function.

Also, It seems that sheet name may contain white trailing space. In that case, you have to put single quote at before&after sheet name.

Hoping this would help you.

AndyHH
7 - Meteor

@binay2448 cant use directory, since i will have 2 excel and needed to calculate them separately

binay2448
11 - Bolide

@AndyHH , May be you can filter only one file after directory tool but it is up to you according to your requirements.  

Labels